Monday, April 5, 2010

yes men. yep.

OK, so the idea of culture jamming and keeping corporations "honest" about their true identity and impact is fun times. I especially liked the golden jump suit with phallus. However, I'm not quite sure how it relates to assignment 5, the video race... it seems more pertinent to the recycling exercise that we're doing, number 6. I've already been combing footage of a show that drives me absolutely bonkers, THE INSIDER. It's an entertainment news magazine that comes on every night and it is absolute horse squeeze. "Celebrity" gossip which usually amounts to what 80's tv show heartthrob is now in rehab. The show has so little and such inane content, I'm stunned that it remains on the air. I want to jam this crap to the fullest extent. The only problem is that it demands wading through all of the footage. Just thinking about it ticks me off. Each show features a segment breaking down host Lara Spencer's designer outfit as she stands oh-so-proudly before the camera, and to top it off, each night ends with the "best" and "worst" celebrity of the day. Is Christie Brinkley's ex-husband REALLY a celebrity? Come on, people. Let's aim a little higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment